Veterans Legal Corps
Low-income veterans in Ohio, who are 60 or older, face a lot of obstacles when it comes to getting good legal representation. Pro Seniors’ Veterans Legal Corps is a program that helps connect veterans to an attorney who will provide excellent legal service while making sure to respect the veteran’s rights and maintain his or her independence and dignity.
The Veterans Legal Corps can provide free civil legal representation to veterans that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The veteran must be at least 60 years old and an Ohio resident.
- Gross monthly income is not more than $1,485 (150% of FPL).
- The veteran must provide a copy of his or her DD form 214 (or equivalent). We can help you get this form – see below!
If you cannot find your DD form 214, we can help you request a copy. There are two options:
- Mail the paper request SF-180 form.
- File the online application at eVetRecs.
If you believe you are eligible for the Veterans Legal Corps, please call 513-345-4160 or 1-800-488-6070.
How We Help
We help veterans with issues like debt, benefits, medical insurance, Power of Attorney, wills, and more.
One client had a felony on his record that was over a decade old. He was looking for a job, but the felony on his record made it tough for him to find steady work. Pro Seniors was able to help this veteran submit an application to seal his criminal record and represent him at the hearing to have the record sealed. The court approved the application, opening up more job opportunities for the client.