Prevent, Detect & Report Fraud
Report suspected Medicare errors, fraud and abuse!
We can help you determine if there is fraudulent activity on your Medicare account.
- Call us at 513-458-5523 or toll free at 800-293-4767
- Or fill out our Contact Ohio SMP Form
How Can I Detect Medicare errors, fraud, scams or abuse?
Even when you do everything right, there is a chance you could be a target of health care fraud. There are a lot of ways that your personal information can be used without your permission.
Here are some steps you can take to detect potential errors, fraud and abuse:
- Always review your Medicare Summary Notices and Explanations of Benefits for mistakes. Access to your current Medicare account is available 24 hours a day at www.MyMedicare.gov.
- Compare your Medicare Summary Notices and Explanations of Benefits to your personal health care tracker to make sure they are correct. Contact us for a free Healthcare Tracker.
- Look for three things on your billing statement:
- Charges for something you didn’t get,
- Billing for the same thing twice, and
- Services that were not ordered by your doctor.
Recent Medical Fraud Scams
Genetic Testing Fraud
Tips for Protecting Yourself and Your Medicare
Durable Medical Equipment Fraud
Scammers Want You to Order Equipment
Medicare Card Scams Tip Sheet
Paper or Plastic? Do Medicare cards expire?